Patents and Trade Marks Office Closed Over Christmas
View All News
Notice from the South African Patent and Trade Marks Office (CIPC)
15 December 2017
Notice is hereby given (in terms of the Acts mentioned in the schedule below), that the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) will be closed to the public from 10h00 on Friday 22 December 2017 to Monday 1 January 2018. This applies to CIPC offices at:
- The dti Campus (77 Meintjie Street, Block F – Entfutfukweni) in Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Shop Number 3, Norton Rose House, Riebeeck Street, Thibault Square, Cape Town
- Shop Number L3-09, Level 3, Sunnypark Shopping Centre, Cnr. Steve Biko & Robert Sobukwe Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Shop Number L5-03, Level 3, Sunnypark Shopping Centre, Cnr. Steve Biko & Robert Sobukwe Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Shop Number 205, Level 200, Carlton Centre, 150 Commissioner Street, Johannesburg, will re-open at 08h00 on Tuesday 2 January 2018
Lodgment of documents will be accepted on Thursday 21 December 2017 until 15h30.
The days from Friday 22 December 2017 to Monday 1 January 2018 will be regarded as dies non for purposes of the stated Acts.
- Trade Marks Act, 1993
- Patents Act, 1978
- Design Act, 1993
- Copyright Act, 1978
- Companies Act, 2008
- Close Corporations Act, 1984
- Co-operatives Act, 2005
- Registration of Copyright in Cinematographic Film Act, 1977
Please contact us if you have any questions.