Patents and Trade Marks Office Closed Over Christmas
View All News
Notice from the South African Patent and Trade Marks Office (CIPC)
Notice is hereby given (in terms of the Acts mentioned in the schedule below), that the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) will be closed to the public from 10h00 on Thursday 24 December 2015 to Friday 1 January 2016. This applies to CIPC offices at:
- The dti Campus (77 Meintjie Street, Block F – Entfutfukweni) in Sunnyside, Pretoria
- NBS Building, Waldorf Arcade, 80 St Georges Mall, 1st Floor, Cape Town
- Shop Number L3-09, Level 3, Sunnypark Shopping Centre, Cnr. Steve Biko & Robert Sobukwe Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Shop Number L5-03, Level 3, Sunnypark Shopping Centre, Cnr. Steve Biko & Robert Sobukwe Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Shop Number 205, Level 200, Carlton Centre, 150 Commissioner Street, Johannesburg, will re-open at 08h00 on Monday 5 January 2015
Lodgment of documents will be accepted on Wednesday 23 December 2015 until 15h30.
The days from Thursday 24 December 2015 to Friday 1 January 2016 will be regarded as dies non for purposes of the stated Acts.
- Trade Marks Act, 1993
- Patents Act, 1978
- Design Act, 1993
- Copyright Act, 1978
- Companies Act, 2008
- Close Corporations Act, 1984
- Co-operatives Act, 2005
- Registration of Copyright in Cinematographic Film Act, 1977
Please contact us if you have any questions.