Hennie Louw is a patent attorney at Von Seidels and focuses on the drafting and prosecution of local and international patent applications.
He holds an electrical engineering degree from the University of Pretoria and a law degree from the University of South Africa.
Hennie has experience in advising clients on the patentability of inventions and specialises in the preparation and prosecution of local and foreign patent and registered design applications.
Hennie has particular interests in innovation relating to marine technologies, automation, power generation and mechanical devices.
In particular, Hennie has drafted patent specifications in the following fields:
• Automation and control systems;
• Mining and mineral processing;
• Tracking and security systems;
• Autonomous vehicles (aerial, underwater & land-based) and accessories therefor;
• Cryptography, cyber-security and data processing;
• Energy efficiency and power generation;
• Medical devices; and
• Marine technology.