As a law firm specialising in intellectual property (“IP”) law, we are always open to considering promising new candidates who wish to specialise in patent, trade mark, copyright, design and related fields of IP law.
WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM?
Requirements for Attorneys
You must be an admitted South African attorney and either a SAIIPL qualified trade mark practitioner or a patent attorney registered with the dtic.
Requirements for Candidate Attorneys
[Articles of Clerkship / Practical Vocational Training (“articles”)]
It is not advisable to pursue articles in a field as narrow and specialised as IP law if you have not decided to focus your career accordingly.
Also note that in addition to the standard Legal Practice Council (“LPC”) examinations and courses you will be required to pass all IP specific examinations.
At Von Seidels there are three possible articles options depending on your qualification(s)
- Trade Mark Candidate Attorney
Minimum qualification needed is a Bachelor of Laws (BA Law, BCom Law, LLB) degree.
- Patent Candidate Attorney
Minimum qualifications needed are a technical or science degree and a
Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree.
- Trainee patent attorney
Minimum qualification needed is a technical or science degree and the
intention of concurrently studying towards and obtaining a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree while in the employ of the firm.
- All positions are based in our Cape Town office unless specifically indicated otherwise.
- All applications received are added to our recruitment schedule and referenced as suitable positions become available.
- Please note that Von Seidels, as a rule, does not offer sponsorships/bursaries, internships, job shadowing opportunities or formal vacation programmes.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the form below and please upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A motivation letter stating why you would like to specialise in this field of law
- All academic transcript, including senior certificate